Palazzo Roero di Guarene
This Palace was built in 1673. In 1699, the count Traiano Roero della Vezza became its proprietary and decided to complete it in order to make it inhabitable. In 1711, on the occasion of his wedding, Carlo Giacinto Roero di Guarene decided to embellish it with his own designs.
The image above shows the tall composite pilasters of Juvarra’s design, right above the main gate. They are of no supporting function.
In 1730, he commissioned the renowned architect -and his personal friend- Filippo Juvarra to design the facade looking onto piazza Carlina (the facade shown in the picture above). Juvarra’s facade is characterized by the giant pilasters and the crowning balustrade, which helped the design to be well integrated with the palace’s structure.